Rev Pam Willerton has had a long and varied life as a person of Faith since her deeply moving religious experience in 1987.
She was Appointed a Designated Minister of Life Celebrations, Clergy Support Memorial Church on December 9, 2014. Since that time, she has demonstrated a caring spirit to all she meets. She has a special gift for helping in grief situations and other hurting situations. Recognizing her wide and varied life experiences, she was raised to the Office of Ordained Minister by the Church Board on April 9th, 2015. Carried unanimously.
- University of Manitoba studied Fine Arts 1.5 years
- Bachelor of Theology Degree in Pastoral Work & Church Planting. Gardner Bible College. Camrose, Alberta.
- Took courses in Theology at St. Stephens Theological College Edmonton at a Masters level.
- Spiritual journey deepened (Born Again) 1987
- Youth Pastor. Free Methodist Church while at Bible College 2 years
- Part of the Pastoral team at Northwood Church 1991-95
- Ministerial Licence (Ordained), The Church of God in Western Canada 1994-95
- Began my ministry with the LGBTQ movement.
- Volunteer Youth Minister at Metropolitan Church of Edmonton 4 years
- Chaplain Unitarian Church 2003-2009
- Pastor Horizon Spiritual Centre
- Appointed a Designated Minister of Life celebrations Clergy Support Memorial Church December 9, 2014.
- Ordained April 9 2015 with ministry focused in three areas: funeral ministry, wedding ministry and Ministry of Pastoral Care and giving back.
- Volunteer sexual assault center of Edmonton (S.A.C.E) 10 years. Crisis Line Worker, team leader, workshop presenter with 88 hours training.
- Visits and cares for the elderly at Bethany Long-Care Centre
- Coached Ringette
- Ross Brook House, drop in center for native youth.
She is described by all who know her as captivating, compassionate, sincere and genuine.