Rev Harrison, who lives in Sherwood Park, was appointed to the office of a Designated Minister on September 9, 2013. Since that time, she has served the church with dignity, professionalism and great wisdom. On October 3rd, 2018, she was raised to Ordination status by the Church Board. One webpage describes her thus:
Debra lives in Sherwood Park and will serve many of the surrounding communities. Debra has a passion for people and her work as a minister for many years makes her caring, compassionate and sensitive to the wide range of human choices. She can be trusted to conduct your traditional, spiritual or same-sex wedding ceremony in a manner that is both professional and friendly. Debra looks forward to meeting with you to discuss your wishes for your special day and help ensure it is a unique and memorable day for you.
All of the foregoing is considered by the Board as analogous to formal academic training and Debra has of October 3, 2018 been raised to the rank of Ordained Minister.
How People Describe Rev Debra
- great attitude of compassion and caring
- sense of humour
- respect for all people
None on paper; college students I provide extra help to have given me baking from their home countries, hugs, tears and verbal thanks.
In March 2018, I started working as a Soft Skills Instructor at Robertson College. I was required to learn and teach six different curriculums in the first two months.
Outside of paid class hours (before and after class), I help students achieve success with encouragement, help with verbal and written English language and working through extra exercises with them.
Ongoing – I help some foreign workers by speaking English with them and explaining meanings and spelling. The people I help with English, I’ve met through friends.
I am very patient and provide a “safe” environment for people from other cultures to practice and learn.
Giving Back to My Community
- A friend’s son was hospitalized and when asked, my friend said they could really use some hot meals. For about ten weeks I made and delivered a hot meal to the family every week.
- Weddings – I discussed and provided empathy while planning the ceremony for two brides, one whose family refuses to attend the ceremony. I listened to what she had to say and provided verbal support.
- I adopted a rescue cat.
- friends turn to me to confide and listen to details of abusive relationships
- friends use me as a sounding board when starting a new business